We are HungryOwl and FattyCat better known as Gilly and Matt. We have started this blog as a way of sharing our opinions of great places to eat and great films to watch.
We love exploring restaurants, cafes and various eateries looking for the best food and a friendly atmosphere. What makes somewhere good or bad varies, it could be the amount (that would always be high on FattyCat’s priorities), the quality, the flavours, the diner’s experience (that would HungryOwl’s preference) or just something that is quite unique? Our thoughts and experiences are here for you to share.
Neither of us are experts in food or drink – but both of us are passionate about it. We are extremely lucky to live in a part of the UK that has many fabulous local retailers and artisans offering to bring the best food to our tables whether at home or dining out. So, we will also be looking at local food heroes hoping to inspire you to shop in the UK.
As for films, we watch a lot of those too and we have very different tastes. To give you some ideas of our bias, here are our favourites:
- Movies: Riddick, Lost Boys and PS I love you
- Drinks: Tea, Chianti, Peroni
- Dishes: Steak, Roman style Carbonnara, Tiramisu (must be rich in coffee and alcohol),
- Cuisines: Italian, Caribbean
- Dislikes: Coriander, Rocket, Cucumber, very spicy food
- Movies: Blade Runner, Alien and most 80’s Horror or action movies
- Drinks: Pepsi, Heineken, Coors, Black Coffee
- Dishes: Roast Beef and Yorkshire Pudding, Chilli Con Carne, Roast Pork
- Cuisines: Chinese, Italian
- Dislikes: Coconut, Omelettes, Nuts, Blue Cheese, Shellfish (allergy)
We also, have love of Fellini and Dario Argento movies.
Join us on our gastronomical cinematic voyage!