Spinach and Ricotta RavioliOn December 20, 2016 by HungryOwl
350g of ‘OO’ flour
Pinch of salt
500g of Spinach
250g tub of Ricotta
50g of Parmigiano Reggiano ( not Parnesan, get the good stuff)
1/2 teaspoon of grated Nutmeg
- Put 2 tablespoons of water into a wok and bring to the boil. Then add the spinach and allow it to wilt down. Then drain well.
- Once the spinach is cold mix with the parmigiano, ricotta and nutmeg. Then set aside in the fridge.
- Make the pasta mix the flour and salt, then slowly add water until you have a dough.
- Knead the dough on a lightly floured board until smooth.
- Lightly oil a piece of cling film and wrap around the dough. Pop in the fridge for a minimum of 1 hour
- Roll out the dough until it is thin – usualy 1 or 2 mm, no more
- Using what ever cutter to hand cut out an even number of shapes.
- Using a teaspoon put a small amount of fill onto the cut out pasta, wet the edges and pop the next cut out on top. It is essential to lake sure all of the air is out of the inside, otherwise it will expand when cooking and make the ravioli burst open. Also make sure you have pinched the pasta together tightly
- To cook the pasta – delicately put into a pan of boiling water. When they float they are cooked.
You can serve with your favourite tomato, garlic and basil sauce.
Or just keep it really simple take a few sage leaves and finely chop, then mix with a little melted butter and olive oil.
Leave a Reply