Texan Style Pork RibsOn August 1, 2021 by HungryOwl
5g Sea Salt flakes
4g of cracked black pepper
1 heaped teaspoon of Garlic Powder
1 heaped teaspoon of Onion Powder
1 teaspoon of sweet smoked Paprika
½ teaspoon of hot Paprika
1 dessert spoon of Muscovado sugar
2 Birds Eye chillies or 1 Scotch Bonnet (whole)
1.Pre heat oven to 180 c
- Mix dry ingredients and add 120ml of water
- Put ribs in a heavy ovenproof dish and make sure the ribs are covered in the coating. Then add the chillies whole.
- Cover the dish with a double layer of foil. Wrap tightly to keep in the steam.
- Put in the centre of the oven and cook for 3 hours (do not remove the foil as you want to maintain the steam inside.)
- To finish, remove the ribs from the dish and pop straight onto a hot BBQ to crisp off. If you haven’t got a BBQ not to worry just pop them under the grill or onto a dry frying pan.
- Serve with you favourite BBQ sauce -we used the Paul Newman one.